Learn more about the business of issuing. This 30 minute webcast, led by payments industry expert Peter Hall, focuses on the issuer strategies needed to develop and market card products that successfully align with consumer payment needs. This course is included in the Build an Effective Card Portfolio bundled course.
1 course, 30 minutes, 6 month unlimited access after purchase.
Course topics include the following:
- Understanding the Issuer Side of the Business identifies the types of payment card products available today and for each type, describes the specific requirements, core functionality, and the opportunities to meet different cardholder needs.
- Strategic Marketing emphasizes the need for discipline in product development and reviews ten important rules for marketing to new accounts. It also explains the importance of research and analysis in terms of influencing product development efforts and creating products that consumers truly want.
- Product Proposition reviews the key drivers of product definition that can help make somebody choose the card from your bank.
- Test, Learn, Change provides an example to illustrate the testing of two different products using a base of people who fit a specific profile (e.g. typical income, risk, existing products and existing borrowings and savings).
- Segmentation discusses the possible need for issuers to create a product that is closer to the customer in order to achieve higher uptake, increased usage, higher retention and more cross-selling.
- Marketing Examples highlights a large number of different card product marketing approaches used around the world.
Who Should View
Middle and senior management personnel involved in strategy and business planning, marketing, risk management, systems and operations