The Role & Value of Payments
Explore your payments potential. This webcast, led by payments industry expert Peter Hall, highlights the key dimensions and possibilities that issuers should consider when developing a consumer banking payments strategy. It also addresses some of the what, why, and how questions that issuers should ask as a starting point to developing a successful payments business. This course is included in the Card Profitability bundled course.
1 course, 45 minutes, 6 month unlimited access after purchase.
Course topics include the following:
- How Payments Fit within Your Bank emphasizes the ways that your institution can approach the role of payments in consumer banking. Global payment growth rates and profitability potential for consumer debit, credit, and prepaid are also presented.
- Visa Inc. Overview summarizes how the Visa network operates, key players involved in the payment process, and key markets and current trends.
- Other Payment Networks explains the different payment networks that exist today, how they are similar to Visa, and how their business models differ.
- How Payment Preference is Evolving describes and compares the different payment mechanisms used today, including cash checks, plastic, and other alternative networks.
- The Value of Payments discusses how the credit card is a perfect fit with many bank areas that are involved in the buying and selling of money.
- Payment Card Marketing Strategies highlights four different approvals approaches that banks can use to drive card activation and usage. Examples are provided to help illustrate each approach.
Who Should View
Middle and senior management personnel involved in strategy and business planning, marketing, risk management, systems and operations