Visa Global Challenge
Can you build a profitable payments portfolio in 10 weeks? Grab three colleagues and join the Visa Global Challenge, an online learning event and team-based competition, to find out. During this 10-week program (click here for the Calendar), your team of four will compete against other teams from around the world to see who can build the most successful credit, debit and acquiring portfolio, over a five-year period, in a fictitious marketplace. Spend a few hours a week reviewing market data, learning new payment skills, and entering decisions into the simulation tracker. At the end of each two-week period, you can see how your portfolio is performing against the other teams.
Throughout the program, you will also receive guidance and insight from payment industry experts Peter Hall (Intuition International) and James Cranfield (Insight Consultancy) and others in the form of on-demand webcasts, biweekly newsletters, and interactive, online LinkedIn community posts. Plus, have the ability to communicate with them one-on-one via email to get specific strategic assistance on your team’s performance.
- Year 1 – Product Development: Product development techniques and how to use data mining for better business decisions
- Year 2 – Card Economics: Cost and revenue drivers and how to manage the variables that impact your P&L
- Year 3 – Acquiring and Credit Risk Management: Cardholder segmentation techniques to improve portfolio performance, as well as how to balance risk and revenue opportunities
- Year 4 – Marketing Life Cycle: Life cycle marketing and how to move from acquisition to activation and loyalty to maximize cardholder profitability
- Year 5 – The Changing Payments Landscape: Payment trends and an evolving landscape that includes mobile, digital wallets, and new technologies and stakeholders
- Middle and senior management personnel involved in strategy and business planning, marketing, risk management, systems and operations
- Card center staff with a good knowledge of the card business and managerial responsibility or a specific profitability role
- New card center, operations, or marketing staff with an interest in card programs
Who Should Participate on the Team
This is a great opportunity to inspire teamwork between new and experienced staff. You can also grow the expertise of your entire team when you bring together people from different departments. They will each bring their own set of analytical, strategic, and marketing skills.
Upcoming Sessions: 10 January - 21 March, 2019
Register your team today. One registration per team of four. Once your enrollment is confirmed, you will receive instructions on how to enter your team member details closer to the program launch date.
Group Discount: 5 teams from the same organization for the cost of 4.
There are currently no sessions planned.