Introduction to Interchange Reimbursement Fees (IRF)
Every day, VisaNet clears millions of transactions on behalf of Visa clients globally—this is commonly referred to as “financial interchange.” This webcast defines Interchange and talks at length about Interchange Reimbursement Fees (IRF) and how they are calculated. We also include a number of examples to help illustrate calculation methods applicable to different scenarios. This course is included in the Maximizing the Value of VisaNet bundled course.
1 course, 15 minutes, 6 month unlimited access after purchase.
- Defining Interchange: This segment offers a brief description of Interchange.
- What is the Interchange Reimbursement Fee: Here we go over the IRF, what it is, and how it is distributed.
- How Interchange and IRF Work: Learn how Interchange works with IRF, how rates are set and can vary.
- IRF Calculation: This covers several examples of IRF calculation to give the viewer a good foundation of the process. The instructor wraps up this segment with Best Practices.
Who Should View
- Card center managers and staff with at least two years of experience
- Individuals responsible for authorization services Team members from operations, risk management, or customer service