Learn more about the business of acquiring. This 30 minute webcast, led by payments industry expert Peter Hall, explains the ways in which today’s banks can use dynamic payment mechanisms to build merchant relations and increase profitability. This course is included in the Build an Effective Card Portfolio bundled course.
1 course, 30 minutes, 6 month unlimited access after purchase.
Course topics include the following:
- Understanding the Acquirer Side of the Business provides a working definition of acquiring today, describes the acquirer value chain, and highlights the major functions necessary to build a successful acquirer business. It also discusses the key business areas that must be considered before a bank makes a decision to become an acquirer.
- What You Can Acquire and What Comes with It address how banks can satisfy basic consumer needs with payment cards from a bank strategy perspective and through focused product positioning.
- Acquirer Business Dynamics examines three key business aspects of acquiring: number of merchants, volume and transactions, and revenue per transaction.
- Merchant Needs delves into the many different reasons why today’s merchants need to accept payment cards. It also describes the different merchant sectors and the importance of building a business approach that meets the needs of a particular merchant segment.
- From a Merchant Perspective covers some of the major things that merchants want from their acquirer when it comes to support.
- The Online and Mobile Space examines the nature of the relationship that an acquiring bank must have with online and mobile merchants. Intermediary partners that can support acquirers in the processing of online and mobile payments are also discussed.
Who Should View
Middle and senior management personnel involved in strategy and business planning, marketing, risk management, systems and operations