Sales and Acquisitions
Understand the merchant sales and acquisition process from a business perspective. This 20-minute online course addresses market segmentation, new merchant review and setup. It also emphasizes the importance of providing ongoing support for established merchants. This course is included in the Acquirer Business Fundamentals bundled course.
1 course, 20 minutes total, 6 month unlimited access after purchase
- Merchant Marketing and Sales explains merchant portfolio analysis, market segmentation and risk analysis. It also focuses on prospecting and conducting sales calls.
- Merchant Review emphasizes the importance of performing credit reviews, establishing pricing criteria, setting up contracts, and conducting merchant due diligence.
- Merchant Set-up addresses POS technology installation and configuration, POS training and merchant master file set-up.
- Merchant Support speaks to POS device maintenance and replacement, ongoing training, and relationship management to encourage activation and usage.
Who Should View
- Acquirers new or relatively new to the business.
- Team members in sales, risk management, relationship management, operations, marketing.
- Issuers and Visa employees who want a basic understanding of the acquirer’s sales and acquisitions process.