Understanding Visa Claims Resolution (VCR)
Are you ready for the next evolution in dispute resolution processing? This 15-minute course introduces you to the new Visa Claims Resolution (VCR) initiative and how it will help simplify the dispute process and reduce associated time and costs. Find out how this important initiative works, the key benefits of using it, the migration plan and important release dates.
- Visa Claims Resolution (VCR) Overview provides a clear working definition of the VCR initiative. It also briefly reviews the history of how it came to be and why it is so important today from both an issuer and acquirer perspective.
- Initiative Objectives highlights the three major objectives that the VCR initiative is designed to achieve. These include: Prevent and customize or use Visa's internal data better, introduce automation where possible, and streamline existing process and timeframes where issuers and acquirers still need to interact.
- How VCR Works uses a color-coded, illustrative diagram to clearly communicate the new VCR process components and provides a step-by-step walk-through of the issuer and acquirer dispute resolution actions and decisions that must take place.
- Client Benefits covers the core benefits of the VCR initiative across three dimensions: time, process, and cost.
- Release Timeline reviews the 2015 through 2018 VCR migration plan and identifies the scheduled VCR releases, which will be done on a country/regional basis.
Who Should View
- Staff new to chargeback and dispute resolution.
- Staff from other departments who require an understanding of chargeback concepts and requirements.
- Staff experienced in chargeback and other dispute resolution processes who need a refresher course.