Stand-in Processing (STIP)
Stand-in Processing is a vital service in which Visa will act on behalf of an issuer in the authorization process. In this comprehensive module, the instructor explains Visa STIP fundamentals in detail, including what it is, when it's used, and some configuration options available to issuers in their risk-control efforts. This course is included in the Maximizing the Value of VisaNet bundled course.
1 course, 60 minutes, 6 month unlimited access after purchase.
- What is Stand-in Processing: What it is, the triggers for STIP to be used, and its subsystems.
- How is STIP Used: In this segment we not only talk about how STIP is used, we will also cover about the Exception File and Visa’s Automatic Cardholder Database Service, or Auto-CDB, and the Card Recovery Bulletin.
- Available STIP Configuration Options: Finally, we discuss in detail the setting of advice parameters, defining merchant category groupings, and establishing activity limits. This section also goes over the Positive Cardholder Authorization Service (PCAS), covering processing logic, the setting of risk levels, and examples of activity limit checking.
Who Should View
- Card center managers and staff with at least two years of experience
- Individuals responsible for authorization services
- Team members from operations, risk management, or customer service