Maximizing the Value of VisaNet
Learn about VisaNet, the value of an effective authorization strategy in managing risk, and the benefits of a streamlined clearing and settlement processes. This online course bundle delivers the information you need to help improve customer satisfaction and loyalty while increasing program profitability. This course bundle consists of 9 courses. Each course is 30-45 minutes in length. Much of this content is also delivered in an interactive, two-day workshop. Refer to the FAQ for details on the differences between the online courses, bundled courses and workshops.
9 courses, 6 hours total, 6 month unlimited access after registration.
The 9 included courses are:
- VisaNet Global Processing provides an overview of VisaNet, one of the core systems used to handle Visa transaction processing.
- Authorization Processing Basics covers the basic principles of authorization, including some of the key factors involved when setting up your authorization strategy.
- Authorization Risk and Customer Service Basics discusses account range management risk reduction, initial edits identification when an authorization is first received, authorization message routing, and commonly used authorization response codes.
- Card and PIN Verification Services highlights three core fraud prevention tools that are used in a large number of transactions and how they verify the card or cardholder at the point of sale and/or ATM.
- Clearing System Overview includes a step-by-step explanation of how a Visa transaction gets cleared. The module walks through the main functions performed by Visa via Base II, and by the Visa client using Edit Package.
- Currency Conversion explains how Visa calculates and processes currency conversion for qualifying transactions, and how the International Service Assessment fee (ISA) and Optional Issuer Fee (OIF) are applied to those calculations.
- Introduction to Interchange Reimbursement Fees (IRF) defines Interchange and Interchange Reimbursement Fees (IRF); how the IRF is calculated and includes a number of examples to help illustrate calculation methods given different scenarios.
- How Visa Settlement Works covers processing, funds transfer logistics, VisaNet Settlement Service (VSS) options, and settlement system hierarchies, including settlement relationships and reporting levels.
- Visa Settlement Reports and Reconciliation reviews the types of settlement reports available; report types used in reconciliation; and a step-by-step review of the reconciliation process for both BASE II and SMS processors.
Who Should View
- Card center managers and staff with at least two years of experience
- Individuals responsible for authorization services and clearing and settlement processes
- Team members from operations, risk management or customer service