Managing Credit Risks
Understand the risks involved in launching and running a card program. This 20 minute online course addresses managing risks related to selecting customers, operating accounts and recovering debts. It also emphasizes the importance of monitoring your financial institution’s risk strategy in the ever-changing market and consumer landscape. This course is included in the Fundamentals of Visa Business bundled courses.
1 course, 20 minutes total, 6 month unlimited access after registration
- Issuer Risk Components defines risk management as a broader discipline involving many different risk factors originating from such areas as compliance, foreign exchange, operations, pricing and fraud, etc.,
- Optimization of Risk and Reward explores the need to be clear on your institution’s appetite for risk.
- Managing risks related to selecting customers defines credit risk and explains what credit scoring can predict. It also specifies the sources for scoring and explains the credit scoring assessment process. Behavior scoring is also addressed.
- Operating accounts and recovering debts identifies how to identify potential problems from current accounts and details best practices for handling collections.
- Know your customers reinforces the need to gain reliable customer evidence from a balance of application data, risk assessment, transaction and repayment behavior.
Who Should View
- Issuers or issuers/acquirers who want to learn about the risks involved in launching and running a card program.
- Team members from operations, risk management, product development, debt collection