Authorization Processing Basics
Learning about the authorization process is not just for issuers. This online course covers the basic principles of authorization, outlines some of the key factors involved when setting up an authorization strategy, and explains the roles of acquirers and merchants as well. In this course the instructor will guide you through authorization procedures, roles and responsibilities, and strategies to maximize card usage while minimizing loss. This course is included in the Maximizing the Value of VisaNet bundled course.
1 course, 10 minutes, 45-day unlimited access after purchase.
- Principles of Authorization: Learn about striking a balance between maximizing card usage and minimizing risk of loss.
- Roles/Responsibilities: Learn how issuers, acquirers, and merchants each have a role to play in the authorization process.
- Authorization Procedures: Learn about floor limits, the Regional Card Recovery File, and routing and assessing authorization requests.
- Authorization Strategies: Learn how account history, human judgment, and analysis come into play in the authorization process, as well as some best practices for acquirers and merchants.
Who Should View
- Card center managers and staff with at least two years of experience
- Individuals responsible for authorization services
- Team members from operations, risk management, or customer service