Acquirer Business Fundamentals
Learn what it takes to run an acquirer business and how to develop a profitable merchant network. This course cover topics such as key considerations for merchant setup, profitability and fraud prevention. It also addresses marketing, chargeback processing, and emerging payment technologies. Participants will work through various case studies and group activities in this two day workshop.
2 day workshop.
Day One Topics
- What is Acquiring?
- Acquiring Profitability
- Sales and Acquisition
- Authorizing and Clearing and Settlement
- Risk Management – Merchant Fraud Prevention
Day Two Topics
- A Closer Look at Emerging Technologies
- Risk Management - Merchant Activity Monitoring
- Dispute Management
- Merchant Retention
Who Should Attend
- Management, sales and marketing staff from new acquirers
- New management, sales and marketing staff from existing acquirers
- Experienced staff who wish to refresh and update their knowledge of acquiring
Note: Acquirer staff seeking an understanding of the acquiring business from a merchant perspective should also consider the Understanding Merchant Acceptance workshop or complete the online version of the bundled course.
There are currently no sessions planned.