Containment and Remediation of Security Breaches
Worried about data compromise? This 45-minute online course examines the “cyber attack kill chain” to identify the process attackers take to breach networks and what you can do to prevent compromise at each phase. You will also hear about the high costs of breaches and the current thinking and strategies to defeat cyber terrorism. It also takes an in-depth look at containment, eradication and remediation measures to consider. We’ll review a merchant case study to demonstrate why a breach occurred, and how you can avoid these types of mistakes. Want to tackle cyber thieves straight on, view this online course!
- Introduction to Compromised Events speaks to the high costs of breaches, which countries are hit hardest and the disturbing trend of recurring breaches.
- Containment and Eradication identifies what actions to take to rid your system of unwanted intruders.
- Merchant Case Study demonstrates an investigative response teams’ actions that led to a re-breach. It highlights what can go wrong and how to avoid common pitfalls stemming from poor investigative work.
- The Cyber Attack Kill Chain walks through the process attackers take to breach networks. It explains how to uncover the causes at each stage of the process and then to eradicate them.
- Scoping highlights how important proper scoping is when investigating a security breach. It also speaks to the drivers behind less than ideal scoping and how to put incident response controls in-place
- Containment, Eradication and Remediation takes a deeper dive into what needs to happen for effective root cause identification to maintain a hacker-free environment.
Who Should View
Acquirers and acquirer processors who handle risk investigations and compromises