What happens when you use your Visa card in a foreign country? Visa handles currency conversion tool for authorization, clearing, and settlement through its Multicurrency Service—it is virtually transparent to the cardholder. In this webcast, we explain how Visa calculates and processes currency conversion for qualifying transactions. We will also discuss the International Service Assessment (ISA) fee and Optional Issuer Fee (OIF), and how they are applied to those calculations. This course is included in the Maximizing the Value of VisaNet bundled course.
1 course, 20 minutes, 6 month unlimited access after purchase.
- Currency Rate Information: Learn how the service works, how VisaNet supports currencies recognized by the International Organization for Standardization, and how Visa determines the exchange rates used each day.
- International Service Assessment (ISA) Fee: This segment explains the fee to the Visa client for currency conversion.
- Optional Issuer Fee (OIF): This optional fee, which may be assessed by the issuer to the cardholder, is explained in detail.
- Rules for Handling International BASE II Items: This last segment talks about the handling of exception items related to multicurrency transactions.
Who Should View
- Card center managers and staff with at least two years of experience
- Individuals responsible for authorization services Team members from operations, risk management, or customer service