Incremental and Estimated Authorization Rule Changes
Are you ready? In April 2017, there will be new changes to the rules for incremental and estimated authorizations. Find out how new data will help with authorization holds. Learn which merchants have new rights to estimated and incremental authorizations. Understand the length of time an authorization is valid. Visa experts Seth Friedman and Martyn Selman will explain the changes in detail and provide applicable examples.
1 course, 60 minutes, 6-month unlimited access after purchase.
- Rules and Technical Changes: Describes the changes that will take place in April 2017, including a review of the technical requirements related to authorizations.
- Authorization Processing Requirements: Outlines new merchant types who can perform estimated authorizations, how many days an authorization hold is valid, and the timeframe for processing a reversal.
- Cardholder Satisfaction: Details the issuer requirements for releasing authorization holds, and how merchants and issuers must explain to the cardholder how initial, estimated, and incremental authorization impact their funds.
- Resources: Includes links and an appendix.
Who Should View
- Individuals responsible for managing authorization policies
- Individuals who manage merchants that process estimated and incremental authorizations