Fundamentals of Transaction Processing (Europe Only)
This workshop covers the lifecycle of a Visa transaction, from the authorization stage, to clearing and settlement. You will learn how Visa can help you prevent fraud and help you process transactions seamlessly and efficiently.
Learn how, every day, Visa’s European systems are:
- Routing and approving millions of authorization requests – each one delivered in the blink of an eye
- Clearing and settling funds between banks all over the world– calculating what each of the Visa clients in Europe owe to each other, right down to the last Euro cent
- Standing in on behalf of our issuers when things go wrong, for example, making authorization decisions on their behalf
- In addition, an overview will be provided of the Visa manuals to ensure participants understand how to use them to resolve common issues.
Day 1 - Authorizations
- The 4-party model
- The transaction flow & finding the balance between risk and profit when processing authorizations
- Stand-In Processing (STIP): Issuer unavailability and back-up from STIP
- Overview of PCAS (Positive Cardholder Authorization Service)
- Exception File
- Fields & message formats and structure
- Use of the Visa manuals
Day 2 – Clearing & Settlement
- BASE II clearing flow
- Transaction validation and formatting
- Currency conversion
- Settlement: settlement calculation, funds transfer and reporting
- International Settlement Service and the Area and National Net Settlement Services
- Chargebacks Overview
- Use of the Visa manuals
Who should attend?
- Anybody new to the payment industry
- Anybody new to working with VIP and/or BASE II
- Issuers and Acquirers who need a basic understanding of how Visa authorizes, clears and settles transactions
Those who wish to gain a more in-depth understanding or have some experience in these areas already should attend the "Effective Authorization Management" or "Effective Clearing & Settlement" courses.
The price for sessions in London does not include the 20% VAT.
|29 Oct 2018 09:00||London, United Kingdom||English||Thomas Norrington,Karina Rodriguez||Enroll now|
|11 Mar 2019 09:00||Prague, Czech Republic||English||Karina Rodriguez||Enroll now|
|25 Apr 2019 09:00||London, United Kingdom||English||Marta Blasco||Enroll now|
|13 Jun 2019 09:00||Stockholm, Sweden||English||Marta Blasco||Enroll now|
|01 Jul 2019 09:00||Edinburgh, Scotland||English||Karina Rodriguez||Enroll now|
|26 Aug 2019 09:00||Dublin, Ireland||English||Karina Rodriguez||Enroll now|
|30 Sep 2019 09:00||London, United Kingdom||English||Marta Blasco||Enroll now|