Payment Card Basics
Learn about the fundamentals of the payment card business. This 20 minute online course addresses the needs of your customers and how payment cards address those needs. It defines and positions credit and debit cards, details how cards fit with retail banking and describes compelling reasons institutions get involved in the card issuing business. This course is included in the Fundamentals of Visa Business bundled courses.
1 course, 20 minutes total, 6 month unlimited access after registration
- What Customers Want identifies the three basic needs payment cards satisfy.
- Consumer Attractions identifies how customers position credit and debit cards differently based on their perceptions. It then addresses how to align products based on customer perceptions.
- Institution attractions specifies the reasons to get involved in the card issuing business.
- Product Considerations analyzes your institution’s strategy and risk attitude to determine which debit and/or credit products to issue and the benefits they offer.
- Final Check walks through why it is so important for your institution to be clear on the realities of entering the card business.
- Modern role of cards speaks to the motivation for issuing payment cards and the value payment cards bring to your institution and to your customers.
Who Should View
- Issuers or issuers/acquirers who are interested in learning about the key considerations for entering the payment card business.
- Acquirers and Visa employees who are interested in learning basic information about entering the payment card business.
- Team members from operations, marketing, product development