Strategies to Effectively Manage Data Compromise
When you understand the methods cyber criminals use to attack cardholder data – then you can better protect your systems. In this 30 minute course you will get a high-level overview of the latest data compromise trends and how malware at point of sale works. You will learn what happens when malware infiltrates your system, and what to do if a breach should occur. We will review some recommended prevention and detection strategies that merchants should have, such as an incident response plan. We will also walk you through some of the intrusions that Visa sees through the Compromised Account Management System (CAMS) and the investigation process of a suspected data comprise.
1 course, 30 minutes, 6 month unlimited access after enrollment
- Cyber Threat Landscape provides a historical view of threats since 2007.
- Point-of-Sale (POS) RAM Scraping looks at the data flow of a credit card transaction and how an intrusion takes place.
- Point-of-Sale (POS) Malware Characteristics explains how malware works and the importance of building both low-tech and high-tech detection protection.
- Compromised Account Management System (CAMS) provides a snapshot of the compromise events that Visa sees overtime and by market segment.
- Prevention and Detection Strategies discusses the steps that you can take before you are comprised and what to do if compromised.
- Initial Investigation Process describes what Visa does when an incident case is opened, who is notified, and the responsibilities of both merchants and acquirers.
- Available Resources outlines where you can find data security resources.