Intermediate Operations: Settlement (features content previously included in VisaNet Financial Management)
Creating a successful financial management system is essential for running a profitable payments business. During this two-day virtual course (three hours per day), you’ll discover the key aspects of conducting settlement through the VisaNet Settlement Service (VSS).
You’ll begin the course by discussing how a better understanding of the settlement process and available VSS tools can improve your financial performance. You’ll receive guidance and best practices on the VSS functions and will also gain a stronger comprehension of Interchange Reimbursement Fees (IRF) and Visa charges associated with international transactions.
You’ll then explore the default reporting solutions, where you’ll learn how to make your own choices and tailor settlement reporting to suit the requirements of your organization. You’ll explore examples how you can customize settlement hierarchies and receive recommendations on how to use the Edit Package, VSS reports and other available information for reconciliation.
Through group activities and case studies, you’ll gain practical experience in interpreting VSS reports and calculating IRF. You’ll emerge from this course with an appreciation of the financial importance of an efficient settlement process.
- VisaNet Settlement Service (VSS) functions
- Settlement position calculation (including Interchange Reimbursement Fees and Visa charges)
- Funds transfer
- VSS reporting reconciliation
- Settlement reporting hierarchies
- Settlement reports
- Reconciliation process
- Visa resources
Who should attend:
- Staff who are in the clearing and settlement departments and who are familiar with BASE II processing, VisaNet Settlement Service (VSS) and reconciliation, and Visa charges (minimum of six month’s experience is ideal)
- Card center managers
- Staff who are responsible for financial management and reconciliation for payments business
- All course sessions are listed in Pacific Time (PT). To convert to your time zone, click the clock icon next to the session listing.
- Pre-work and daily work will be provided for you to download.
- Enrollment closes one business day prior to the session start date for virtual courses. You will not be able to enroll in a virtual course on the day of the session.
This course is eligible for our early bird discount.
There are currently no sessions planned.