Verified by Visa
One of the challenges with eCommerce transactions is the difficulty making sure the customer participating in the transaction is the actual cardholder. Verified by Visa is a tool to help with that authentication. This online lesson covers 3D Secure protocol basics, Verified by Visa authentication steps, and the key data elements contained in a Verified by Visa transaction. We will also cover chargeback protection rights for merchants. This course is included in the Maximizing the Value of VisaNet bundled course.
1 course, 20 minutes, 6 month unlimited access after purchase.
- What is Verified by Visa: Here we provide a brief introduction to this fraud-reduction tool and its benefits.
- 3-D Secure Protocol Defined: In this segment, you will learn about the three domains (3-D) involved in providing that extra layer of security for Internet card transactions.
- How Verified by Visa Works: The process, as you will see in this segment, is simple and seamless. We discuss strategies for different levels of risk, various ways in which issuers validate the cardholder, and participation and authentication flows.
- Key Data Elements in a Verified by Visa Transaction: Learn about the Cardholder Authentication Verification Value (CAVV), which enables an issuer to confirm the validity of a Verified by Visa authentication; along with the which Electronic Commerce Indicator (ECI) and its various values.
- Merchant Liability Protection Rights: Participating in Verified by Visa gives merchants certain chargebacks protections. They are discussed in this section, along with best practices and other important considerations for card-not-present transactions.
Who Should View
- Card center managers and staff with at least two years of experience
- Individuals responsible for authorization services
- Team members from operations, risk management, or customer service