Transaction Life Cycle
Learn how the Visa four-party transaction processing model works. This 30 minute webcast, led by payments industry expert, Peter Hall, explains how transaction data and value moves between the cardholder, merchant, acquirer, and issuer. This course is included in the Build an Effective Card Portfolio bundled course.
1 course, 30 minutes, 6 months unlimited access after purchase.
Course topics include the following:
- The Four-Party Model details the four-party model used to process Visa transactions and the contractual relationship among the key players involved. The role of the third-party processors is also discussed.
- What Visa Can Do…or Not Do explains Visa’s role and responsibility in support of the four-party model structure.
- From an Authorization Perspective details the Visa transaction authorization process by walking through a typical authorization scenario from start-to-finish.
- Clearing and Settlement describes the clearing actions and decisions that take place once the account number, final transaction amount, and other transaction data has been successfully transmitted from the acquirer to the issuer. It also walks through the net settlement process between issuers and acquirers.
- Interchange Overview defines Interchange and explains how it works. It also covers the key factors that determine Interchange and describes how Interchange is evolving and changing in different markets.
- The Evolving Ecosystem highlights some of the transaction processing changes that may take place in the future to support an evolving business model and enable more transactions by more people for more things in more places.
Who Should View
Middle and senior management personnel involved in strategy and business planning, marketing, risk management, systems and operations